Hunger Prevention and Nutrition Assistance Program (HPNAP)
The New York State Department of Health’s Hunger Prevention and Nutrition Assistance Program (HPNAP) was established in 1984 to improve the nutritional health status of the State's low-income citizens by reducing hunger, malnutrition, and nutritionally related illness. HPNAP, in partnership with organizations that serve the hungry, is dedicated to improving the health and nutritional status of people in need of food assistance by:
- Providing funding and other support to enhance the accessibility and availability of safe and nutritious food and food related resources;
- Developing and providing comprehensive nutrition education programs;
- Monitoring and assessing customer needs and hunger-related issues to strengthen the program effectiveness;
- Empowering people to increase their independence from food assistance programs.
|Click here for HPNAP Resources|
2023-2024 Application Announcement!
In partnership with the New York State Department of Health, Food Bank of Central New York can announce dates for the 2023-2024 HPNAP application.
- Application Available Online: April 10, 2023
- Completed Applications Due: May 31, 2023, at 4:00 pm
|2023-2024 HPNAP Resource - Application Guidance|
|2023-2024 HPNAP Agreement|
|2023-2024 HPNAP Resource Application|
Questions should be directed to the Agency Relations team at email@example.com.