Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 4 beets, scrubbed clean
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Remove beet greens, leaving 1 inch of stems.
3. In a baking pan, cover beets with 1/2 cup cold water.
4. Roast beets in the oven until tender when pricked, about 35 minutes.
5. Remove beets and place in colander, set aside for 10 minutes.
6. Run beets under cold water. While water is running, press down on the beets to slip of the skins.
7. Grate beets into the bowl.
8. Add garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, oil, and dill. Stir to combine
9. Serve and enjoy. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Chop Chop Family.