Nationwide Virtual Food Drive
Nationwide’s partnership with Feeding America®
- Nationwide’s philanthropic focus is supporting emergency and basic needs (tier 1).
- Feeding America is one of Nationwide's national nonprofit partners.
- Nationwide and its associates support Feeding America in communities throughout the country via philanthropy (foundation grant), volunteerism (at local member food banks), and workplace giving (raising money through fundraisers).
- In 2015, the Nationwide Foundation awarded a $1.44 million grant to Feeding America. This grant supports 21 member food banks in communities where Nationwide associates live and work, as well as the National Produce Program that makes fresh fruit and produce available to those in need.
Why we’re “More Than a Business®”
- Service to others is the unifying purpose of a mutual — we’re fortunate to have dedicated and enthusiastic people who demonstrate our On Your Side promise.
- When we say Nationwide is “More Than a Business®,” we mean that giving back and helping create strong communities where our associates and agents live and work is an important part of our company’s culture.
- We can do more together than we can alone (e.g., individual donations become a large donation when combined) and hunger relief is one space where, collectively, we can make an impact, both locally and nationally.
Too busy to shop? Skip and donate now!
A gift made through the virtual food drive will provide more food than through a traditional drive, doubling or even tripling the amount of items your dollar can purchase at a regular grocery store. Every dollar raised through this virtual food drive will be used to buy nutritious food for our hungry neighbors.
All checks can be made payable to Food Bank of Central New York, 7066 Interstate Island Road, Syracuse, NY 13209 (Memo: Nationwide VFD)