Outreach NOEP Coordinator
Full-time; typical hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
The Nutrition Outreach and Education Coordinator is responsible for conducting eligibility prescreening, application assistance and dissemination of referrals to clients, following up with clients, and data tracking. The main focus is to increase participation in SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), School Breakfast Program, and the Summer Food Service Program.
Individual should have at minimum an associate's degree and experience in a human services related field; knowledge of service area and available resources; interviewing and assessment skills; ability to work independently; strong verbal and written communication, and customer service skills; organizational skills, reading comprehension, and writing skills; ability to work well with diverse populations; must have dependable vehicle and valid driver’s license as driving is a primary function of this position.
The Outreach NOEP Coordinator responsibilities will include:
- Providing updated and correct information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) via phone through contact with low-income persons
- Completing monthly reporting to be submitted to the department’s funder
- Pre-screening persons for potential eligibility for federal feeding programs
- Providing information and referral to individuals for services they may be eligible for
- Following all grantor regulations as outlined in the grant contract
- Utilizing computer technology to promote agency and outreach services through accurate and up-to-date information
- Maintaining information for each client in Microsoft Access screening database