Mobile Food Pantry Coordinator
Full-time; typical hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
The Mobile Food Pantry Coordinator is responsible for conducting all components of the Mobile Food Pantry program. This includes: transporting products to and from sorting areas, overseeing repacking operations, and managing food distributions.
Individual should have demonstrated ability to use good judgment and work independently; willingness and ability to successfully complete food safety certification training; good organization skills with ability to facilitate collaborative efforts between Food Bank and community organizations; strong verbal and written communication skills; valid NYS driver’s license and clean driving record; available to work some evenings and weekends; good physical condition and able to perform moderate lifting up to 60 pounds.
The Mobile Food Pantry Coordinator responsibilities will include:
- oversee product preparation operations, including volunteer groups;
- manage Mobile Food Pantry distributions, including transportation, food giveaways, and record keeping
- acquire and maintain competency in food safety;
- work with multiple departments to expand and coordinate Mobile Food Pantry program;
- participate in food acquisition operations, primarily within the Retail Partnership Program;
- assist with all program activities using effective communication and organization skills;
- assist with all other warehouse and transportation tasks;
- determine viability of available products for distribution;
- follow monthly Mobile Food Pantry schedule of product preparation and distribution