Orange Glazed Carrots
Serves: Makes 4 servings | Prep Time: | Cook Time:
- 2 cans drained and rinsed carrots (optional)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place canned carrots in a medium saucepan with 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat the carrots on low until they are warmed.
- In a separate saucepan heat the orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, salt and raisins until boiling.
- Turn heat to low, continue stirring and simmer until mixture is thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the heated carrots to the sauce mixture and stir.
- Serve as a side dish or use the carrots on top of a fresh salad.
500 milligrams sodium, 2 grams fiber, 12 grams sugarPRINT THIS RECIPE