Collard Greens and Sweet Potatoes
Serves: Makes 6 - 1 cup servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 pounds chopped fresh or frozen collard greens
- 2 cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 15 ounce can beans
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Wash and peel onion, sweet potatoes and collard greens.
- Chop onion and collard greens.
- Cube sweet potatoes.
- Place all vegetables in a large pot.
- Open the cans of beans and tomatoes.
- Drain off the bean liquid into your sink.
- Add the beans to the vegetables.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, garlic and chili powder.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Simmer until the onions become clear and a fork will slip easily into the sweet potato pieces, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice, pasta, or whole grain pita.
1.5 gram total fat, 520 milligrams sodium, 15 grams fiber, 12 grams sugarPRINT THIS RECIPE