Swiss Chard Tacos with Sweet Onions
Serves: Serves 4 | Prep Time: | Cook Time:
- 1 bunch swiss chard with stems removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sliced sweet onion
- 3 peeled and minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or other cheese of your choice
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Cut the Swiss chard crosswise into 2 inch slices.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion.
- Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes until they become golden.
- Add the garlic and red pepper and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the greens, broth, and a pinch of salt.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook until the greens are almost tender, continue to stir.
- Remove lid and turn heat back to medium.
- Stir until the mixture is nearly dry.
- Fill the warm tortillas with the Swiss chard.
- Top with crumbled cheese and salsa.
17 grams total fat, 6 grams saturated fat, 35 milligrams cholesterol, 1170 milligrams sodium, 8 grams fiber, 8 gram fiberPRINT THIS RECIPE