Broccoli and Sausage Pasta
Serves: Makes 8-1 1/2 cup servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 16 ounce package pasta
- 1 16 ounce package frozen broccoli
- 1 pound italian sausage
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Add broccoli to pasta during the last 2 to 4 minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Place in large serving bowl and set aside.
- In a frying pan, cook sausage over medium heat until the internal temperature is 160°F.
- Drain fat.
- Add sausage to the bowl with the pasta and broccoli.
- In the same frying pan, cook garlic in oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add to the bowl sausage, pasta, broccoli and grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.
28 grams total fat, 7 grams saturated fat, 35 milligrams cholesterol, 620 milligrams sodium, 3 grams fiber, 2 grams sugarPRINT THIS RECIPE